Friday, April 16, 2010

Free Week #6

Willie Nelson's new cd,'Country Music',is a record that took along time coming.Though it could be considered an 'unplugged' concept,believe it or not,it is supposedly Willie's first Blue Grass album.

Old country music is a 'default' mode for Willie.This cd seems so effortless that I almost(almost) could dismiss it for sounding too easy.

But,really,come on...isn't this the stuff Willie Nelson was made???

But the real test for this album had to be my Dad.

Good ol' Dad will turn 81 on the 6th of May,and ever since,'StarDust',I have been buying Dad Willie albums for his birthday.If I had one wish,it would being able to take my Pops to see Willie.Pops loves Willie.

When I gave him,'Old Country',Dad knew almost every tune.He was in seventh heaven.

Sure,we all love how Willie isn't afraid to explore other genres of music like reggae and jazz,but this is the good stuff.This is the type of music that Willie Nelson cut his eye teeth.

Starting off with a new version of one of his tunes,'Man With The Blues'..well,you just knew this was going to be good.

And did I mention that legendary producer,T-Bone Burnett('Oh,Brother,Where Art Thou'),produced this?

So,when I heard classics like,'I Am A Pilgram',and modern favorites like Uncle Tupelo(a precursor to Wilco)'s,'Satan,Your Kindom Must Come Down',I was overjoyed.

Other favorites of mine are,'Freight Train Boogie';'Oceans Of Diamonds',and 'Nobody's fault But Mine'.

Of course,that is just a sampling.I suggest:Go Out And Buy This Cd!!

A+


No comments: