Friday, January 15, 2010

Ke$ha Animal

One of the reasons that I decided to once again buy each week's Billboard's top selling album(and then review it) was that it would give me a chance to listen to music genres that I normally wouldn't get into.

I love variety,but tweenage bubblegum and and barely legal drinking age party girl dance/pop are..what you would call..not really my forte'(And it's not like I don't hear enough of this type of music all over the radio all ready...)

Ke$ha's,'Animal' falls somewhat into one or both of those categories.Based on the hit single,'Tik Tok',though a fairly infectious dance tune,it definitely wouldn't have been something that my fifty one year old self would have rushed out to buy.

It would have been my lost.

Ke$ha's fun.Even though she writes most of the songs,"Animal' barrows heavily from other influences(ie:auto tune,Miley Cyrus,Paris Hilton,familiar producer's ,etc).But it is when Ke$ha let's her inner self through that I enjoyed the music.

For instance,the first song,'Your Love Is A Drug',is your standard pop tune except when Ke$ha talks.You can tell she is having fun with this.You gotta LOVE the spunkiness of youth.

'Blah Blah Blah';'Boots And Boys' and especially,'Party At A Rich Boys House' are fine examples of this girls just want to have fun attitude.

Ke$ha was brave enough to include (though danceable) tunes of extreme-one could almost say-dark- heartbreak {'Dancing With Tears In My Eyes'& 'Blind'}She also sings a song of betrayal{'Backstabber'}.

I can truthfully say that I have become a fan of this young protege...wait,she even has a song for old dudes like me:'Dinosaur'

DOH!

A

No comments: