Sunday, January 10, 2010

Susan Boyle:I Dreamed The Dream

AS the first number one album(...er...cd..)of 2010,I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the power of Susan Boyle's voice.First off,hats off to Simon Cowell's production values.Watching 'American Idol',I sometimes see Simon droll over some prospects,but Susan Boyle's voice is just plan awesome.They (the Dick Van Patten's) just don't pick them better than this.

Dear sweet Susan has the voice of an angel.Closer to Kate Bush then perhaps,Celine Dion,I was instantly captured by Miss Boyle's beautiful vocals.Again,the song selection fits Susan Boyle's range perfectly.


Songs from the likes of The Rolling Stone's Wild Horses to Madonna's You'll See" really show Susan's power and range.But it is the Christian gospel songs that really grab your attention.

To be honest,I came into this album believing that the angel like voice would have a 'man behind the curtain' type feel to it.But...I listen to allot-I mean ALLOT-of music,and 'I Dreamed The Dream' is a true breath of fresh air.

Never hokey,always honest and to be honest,always joyous,this cd is a true triumph of Cinderella proportions.

I just hope the rest of the year's number one albums are this good.

Miss Boyle,excuse my French,but ,damn good job.

A+

No comments: