Friday, May 7, 2010

B.o.B.Presents:

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
This is the first great album of the summer.B.o.B.,ie,Bobby Bobby Ray has made one fun in the sun cd.
*
Blessed with great guest stars on almost every song,this album almost seems like the summer radio play list for every pool and swimming hole in the country.
*
Some critics are complaining that this production doesn't have a musical identity.I find that these 12 indivudual songs to be one of the most compelling reasons to sing the praises of R&B/pop music this summer.
*
In most reviews,I single out what I consider to be the 'best' tune the recording.That is virtually impossible to do here.
*
On very good albums,I find myself going about my daily routine singing songs I don't even know the names of yet.I do that here.
*
In fact,the albums only mis-step is the very last song,'Airplanes Pt.II-featuring Eminem'.
*
And to be honest,the problem is Eminem.I used to be a very big Eminem fan.I had all of his cds.Even the 'D-12' stuff.But here,when he starts screaming,what used to seem so real now seemed extremely fake.He seemed worse then bad.When the whole rest of this mp-3 download seemed 2010 summer time fresh,his act seemed out of place stale.
*
That is just a minor detail.
*
I really like the flow from song to song.'Don't Let Me Fall',mentions shooting stars and so does the already radio friendly,'Airplanes'.
*
'Ghost In The Machine',and,'Fame',almost invite comparisons to the more famous songs with the same names.
*
'Nothin On You' deserves to be the big hit that it seemingly already is,and I love the Scott Summers reference in,'Past My Shades.'
*
Some albums,as a reviewer,you regret that you have give up being the main listening pleasure after one week.This is one of them.
*
I guess I'll just have to head to the pool with cold drink in hand...
*
*
*
A-

No comments: