Friday, April 2, 2010

Justin Bieber:My World 2.0

Justin Bieber's,'My World 2.0' is one of those albums you want to hate.A white cutisie tootsie precocious tot singing R&B via auto tune and celebrity(The seemingly everywhere,Ludacris)guest stars.A cracking less then perfect voice(hey,I thought they were auto-tuning this )doesn't seem to help,either.

A YouTube sensation,that proves that,yes,even YouTube can be wrong,just adds to the supposed 'yuck' factor.Justin,barely 16,looks all of twelve(and judging from his SNL appearance)acts it.

I really didn't want to listen to MW II at all.But,I have a 'must listen to at least three times' policy,so listen,I must.

Justin,was no Michael Jackson,Donny Osmond,or even,Taylor Swift,for that matter,but to my surprise,reached the 'Disney' child star level of singing.

That is a fair assessment.American Idol semi~finalist would be another good comparison.

Most of the songs on 2.0 are harmless fluff,sang heart felt,produced to 'ok' levels.Tweenage girls buying 'Tiger' magazine could do worse.

There are some stand out songs.My favorite,is,'U Smile'.'U Smile' has that refreshing pop quality that seems to get you thinking,is this a remake?Have I heard this before?Whether it is or isn't,nice song.

I also like,'Runaway Love';'Baby',and 'Eenie Meenie'.

In fact,the whole cd has a pleasantness to it,that non-offends.

Will I remember this next week,probably not.Was it better then expected?Somewhat.

Will I be playing this at work in front of my friends?No...not that.

C-

No comments: